Best Recipes Ever: Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs

Saturday 23 February 2013

Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs

On Memorial Day we spent the day swimming, picking peaches from a neighboring peach orchard, and then had a BBQ. Just our little family. It was great! The boys were busy playing in the playroom and my husband and I were able to enjoy almost the whole meal just us two. Talking about whatever we wanted without being interupted. It was great and relaxing!
I made these kabobs and my husband grilled them while I made the mini peach pies with the peaches we picked earlier in the day! I absolutely love my mini pie maker that I got from Williams Sonoma todays price is actually the cheapest I have seen it! I have used mine on countless occassions and I LOVE it! And I think my husband and friends love it even more because they are the ones enjoying the pies!
Try these kabobs out! They are easy and definatly a step up from your normal kabob without all the hardwork! Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs
4 large chicken breasts
1 lb. Applewood smoked bacon (regular is better then thick)
1 large can of pineapple chunks, or fresh pineapples would be even better!
Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste and Glaze
Skewers
Cut bacon in half (up and down) stretch bacon out a little while still all together (lengthwise)
Trim off all the chicken fat and Cut it into cubes
Wrap piece of bacon around chicken, stick on skewer (with the bacon loose end first to secure the bacon), place two pieces of pineapple or 1 piece of fresh pineapple, repeat until all chicken is used up!
I had a few pieces of bacon left and a few pieces of pineapple. But depending on how big your chicken breasts are you could use up everything!
Place in a 9x13 pan. Poor glaze over whole kabobs. Make sure to get every single one! I did mine in layers. I did first row of kabobs, pour glaze, second row of kabobs, glaze.
Cover and refridgerate for as long as u can! The longer the better!
Then place on the grill and cook until the chicken is cooked all the way through. (My husband first had them on tin foil and they werent cooking fast enough {for him} so he took them off and just placed them directly on the grill)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Strawberry-Coconut Cupcakes

Man-O-Man these cupcakes are good! So moist and delicious! Definatly one of my favorites for sure. My mom and I made these for my son's 1st birthday bash, sisters 16th birthday, and recently for my sister-in-laws baby shower! I am definatly not a pro cupcake maker and defiantly not a pro cupcake decorater. But we all have our strengths right!? Its a work in progress for me to perfect cupcakes so its a good thing that I made 4 different kinds of cupcakes this week! Practice makes perfect right!?


Fabulous Strawberry Cupcakes
recipe from: Elizabeth Banks
1 box Duncan Heinz White Cake Mix
1 cup coconut, shredded
1 small box strawberry jell-o (reserve 1/2 teaspoon for frosting)
4 eggs
1 cup oil
1 cup strawberries, blended up (fresh or frozen works fine!)
1/2 cup milk
Mix all ingredients together, be sure to blend the strawberries in a blender before mixing them in.
Bake at 350 degrees. Check with a toothpick after 15 minutes.
Frosting:
1 pound powdered sugar
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon strawberry Jell-O
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut, shredded
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix the butter, cream cheese,vanilla, and powdered sugar. Add the coconut and Jell-O.
Frost when cupcakes are cooled and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment