Best Recipes Ever: Frosted Banana Bars

Saturday 23 February 2013

Frosted Banana Bars

I occasionally bring different treats into my husband's work. I bring a variety of carmel chocolate pretzels and apples, cookies, popcorn mixes, cinnamon rolls, and many other things. But for some reason these banana bars seem to be their favorite! My husband always texts me within 30 minutes and says that they whole pan is already gone. They ae different from other banana bars I have tried. The sour cream in them makes them moist and perfect! I love them, but I think they love them even more then I do! They are my go-to bar recipe when I am trying to feed a crowd a easy dessert! Try them at your next bridal or baby shower or BBQ! They will be a HIT for sure!

Frosted Banana Bars
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 medium ripe bananas

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients in seperate bowl and gradually add in to creamed mixture. Spread evenly in a greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (or until lightly brown and when you stick a knife in only a little is left on it)

Frost when cool. Store in fridge.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup butter softened
3 3/4- 4 cups powdered sugar

Beat in cream cheese, vanilla, and butter until mixed well. Gradually add powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment